#AtoZchallenge – E is for eggs
One of my ultimate favourite foods and ingredients is eggs. I don’t think that I could live without eggs. They are such a versatile ingredient.
The great thing about eggs is that you can eat them on their own or you can incorporate them into savoury or sweet dishes.
Eggs are full of protein and very good for you.
My egg and ham pots don’t requite a lot of ingredients and can be eaten hot or cold. You can make them a day in advance and pack the up for lunch or you could even take them on a picnic.
4 medium to large slices of good quality ham
4 eggs – whisked
1 tsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for greasing
1. Pre-heat an oven to 200 Oc or gas mark 6 and lightly oil 4 sections of a muffin tray.
2. Line the muffin trays with the ham. You need to sit them in there so that they make a case for the egg to go into. Try not to have gaps.
3. In a jug, whisk your eggs up and add the herbs and add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix in.
4. Pour in enough egg so that it comes 2/3 of the way up the ham. It does not matter if any leaks out.
5. Put the egg and ham cups into the middle of the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the egg mixture is set. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes in the tray before removing.
These egg and ham cups work well with a nice green salad and can be eaten either straight away or left to cool and packed up for lunch the next day.
Happy gluten free cooking 🙂